Wednesday 27 May 2015

House of Fraser Middlesbrough Event

This event was a little different for me as I actually work within this store! However, as it was my day off I got to attend the blogger event as a guest and not a member of staff. At the minute House of Fraser is in Brand Event, this means discounts across many brands throughout the store (who can really say no?!) This is on from 27th to the 31st May and there are many other events throughout the year. On the beauty counters in the Middlesbrough shop there is 10% off most products.





On arrival we all got offered drinks and told about how the night was going to work. Each counter had appointments to have consultations with staff about specific products, mainly new products and summer lines.
I didn't pick up any appointment cards myself as I know all the staff and felt a little awkward so just wandered around for a chat, a play with products and to watch what other people were getting told about.


After a little bit of time Sharon from the Guerlain counter shouted me over to try their Terracotta bronzer and new Maxi-lash Mascara. She explained to me the different types of bronzers that they stock (one for pretty much every job) and how Guerlain was actually one of the first Make-up houses to create a bronzer and kick-started the trend for a nice bronzed look.
She then showed me the limited edition summer packaging for the Terracotta Bronzer and I fell in love. A silicon case for the compact to protect it better when travelling and such cute summery colours. After she put it on me I just couldn't help but purchase on for myself. I have the winter 2013 Limited Edition Terracotta Bronzer so I now have my nice summer one to match!!
I also tried the new mascara which is absolutely gorgeous but I have far too many mascaras at the minute to warrant buying a new one.






I decided to have a wander round and have a look which other discounts are on around the floor. Most jewellery, with brands like Ted Baker, Karen Millen and Guess, are 20% off. 











There is also various discounts on handbags.






I popped over to see Saima in the Biju Brow bar and decided to get my eyebrows threaded and tinted while I was there, I mean why not?!
I love threading. It gets my brows to the perfect shape, which makes it so much easier when colouring them in. My eyebrows are very, very fair and Saima knows what I like now colour-wise so I love a fresh tint and not having to touch them for a while with pencil or powder!




There are also discounts on Menswear, including new brand to the store Pretty Green, which has been very popular since its arrival. Sorry I didn't pop down to get any extra photos!




Finally, I wanted to give the Dior Star foundation a go. I asked Cheryl if she could colour match me. Dior use a similar tool to No7 to colour match to skin tones perfectly. Cheryl removed a small amount of my make-up on my jaw line (baring in mind I was well bronzed up from Guerlain) and put the foundation matcher against my skin. Surprise surprise I came out with the palest colour 010, thank god I got a new bronzer. I always prefer my foundation to match perfectly and adding bronzer as I like a much more natural look.
So obviously, I ended up buying this too. I just can't say no to 10% off!





I didn't take part in any of the other demonstrations myself but everyone else seemed to enjoy them and learn lots of new things about each brand.






We also got goody bags full of little bits to try so I shall definitely be working my way through that, and I'm sure be tempted to buy more.




House of Fraser Beauty Recognition cards receive 5 points per £1 on Beauty and 1 per £1 elsewhere in the store, which is a lot better than points cards in other stores. 500 points= £5 to spend. There are also often double points offers to take advantage of.
There is also a Mastercard available if you want to take advantage of being able to collect cards out of store to. With this you can gain 5 points per £1 on beauty, 3 points per £1 throughout the rest of the store and 1 per £1 on any purchases made elsewhere. On top of this there is also exclusive discount events.
Certainly worth it if you shop within House of Fraser a lot.

All of the staff on the Beauty Counters are so lovely and if you have any queries about brands and products just pop in to see them because they will be more than happy to help!

No comments:

Post a Comment